Resources for working toward social justice
Resources for teaching
- Experts Weigh In On Current Job Market Trends Nov. 18, 2020.
- Hadjiyanni, T. (2020). Decolonizing interior design education. Journal of Interior Design, 45(2), 3-9.
- Hadjiyanni, T. (2014). Beginning with concept – Deconstructing the complexity of “culture” through art in design education. International Journal of Education Through Art, 10(1), 23–39.
- Moving from “Cancel Culture” to “Consider Culture” Times Higher Education Student Success Forum, session on “Universities as engines of social empowerment” – Sep. 18, 2020.
- The Mapping Resilience Project – Digital stories
- Interview with Yianna Iakovou on RIK Cyprus – Kyprioi tou Kosmou, Jan. 16, 2021.
- MN Impact: Designing for Culturally Enriched Communities Sep. 30, 2020.
- UMN Initiative on the Sustainable Development Goals – Reducing inequalities Aug. 25, 2020.
- Hadjiyanni, T. (2020). Reflecting on community-engaged research in the post-pandemic and post-protest era. Palgrave Macmillan Social Science Matters.
- Hadjiyanni, T. Why I believe in Minneapolis. MinnPost, June 22, 2020.
- Hadjiyanni, T. (2019). The right to home – Exploring how space, culture, and identity intersect with disparities. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan.
CEC in Numbers
CEC in Numbers
CEC Weekly Ties
- Toward Consider Culture February 4, 2021
- Landscapes of Hope is now a searchable map! January 26, 2021
- Rethinking time as we know it January 12, 2021
- When architecture is abused December 14, 2020
- In search of alone time December 6, 2020
- Reframing the participatory design process November 18, 2020
- Launching the “What We Do” page November 11, 2020
- Puffins and World Mental Health Day October 8, 2020
- Evictions and homelessness September 23, 2020
- Refugees in a pandemic September 10, 2020
- Sex trafficking and the pandemic September 3, 2020
- Active civic participation in Denmark August 27, 2020
- Quarantine spaces and basements August 17, 2020
- Returning to the office August 10, 2020
- Humility and architecture August 3, 2020
- Safeguarding global connections July 20, 2020
- Cleaning and disinfecting July 13, 2020
- A man, a donkey, and a child July 6, 2020
- Lessons from Copenhagen June 29, 2020
- The kitchen table June 19, 2020
- Spaces for dialogues June 11, 2020
- We are all in this together June 2, 2020
- Landscapes of agony May 29, 2020
- Covid-19 May 23, 2020
CEC-Connects is a platform for thought leaders to inform dialogues. We are currently inviting 500-word reflections on challenges and opportunities for the role design can play in creating a better world.
- Have a Seat: Participatory design from an architect’s point of view – The Men’s Home by Greg Vendena.
- The Welfare State 2.0 : Co-creating a new citizen-driven future by Bo Christiansen.
- Landscapes of Healing, Landscapes of Sorrow by Deni Ruggeri.
Recent Conversations and Publications
Professor Tasoulla Hadjiyanni has been named the annual recipient of the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Foundation’s Educator Diversity Award. Feb. 19, 2021
Feb. 4, 2021